What is the Best WordPress translation plugin? WPML!
WPML plugin for translating WEBS IN WORDPRESS
After trying several plugins for WordPress I recommend WPML translate. It is the most powerful and professional translation plugin for websites, blogs and Content Management Systems that has been done for WordPress.
PROS & CONS: Advantages and differences with other Plugins
The main advantages over other translation plugins I installed, and believe me I’ve tried qTranslate and Global Translator are:
- Power SEO. On two fronts: First, we are creating NEW entries in another language (new URLS = more entries that reinforce your SEO). Not just as does Qtranslate Plugin or programs that translate through Google translator.
- We’re creating new URL entries in the language we choose, with metatitles and metadescriptions in several languages. A powerful weapon!
- 3 ways to translate your content:
- Fully automatic translation (by Google Translator for example), not a translation “on the fly”, it creates a new page or post, so we increase SEO.
- For manual translation (you write the content but translate it yourself),
- Translation by translators, is manual by a company that they offer, or enabling our translators.
- Prepared to place in widgets with total customization.
- It was designed by professional translators and you feel it.
You can choose between two versions:
- Blog version (29$).
- CMS: full version (79$).
Blog version only allows manual translation. For me it is the main drawback, although keep the main advantage that is to obtain different URLs for English and Spanish for example.
CMS the full version allows manual translation, manual for interpreter, hired interpreter by and automatically. Provide the following extras and improvements:
- New content and URLs, theme translation, theme translation of not prepared themes with .mo and .po files, automatic or manual redirection to the language, etc.
Installation is easy but if you want the translated posts with their own URL, for example in case of spanish: “www.yourwebsite.com/es”, we have to modify the .httdocs file located in the root directory of your server adding a line. The same plugin configuration menu tells you how it’s done and it worked for me the first time I tried. If it has not worked please write a review and give you a hand.
I particularly bought the Blog version and for me I want to upgrade. WPML allows to upgrade and purchase the professional CMS version. You only have to pay the difference!. They are smart people and although I had to spend more money, the license lets you use WPML CMS on your other blogs for FREE, (in other plugins you have to buy as many licenses as blogs…) Really worth Plugin, especially after I tried qTranslate. It broke my entire content manager and filled with garbage the database …
Also you can see this cool Review: http://wpnuggets.com/wp-plugin-review/wpml/